I’m going to give you the essentials to meditating; however nothing is really necessary other than your desire to create this ritual on a daily basis in your schedule.
Meditation isn’t a race, it’s a daily practice that develops the more you do it.
- Create a space that is distraction free. If you need to add a sign on the door, DO IT 🙂
- Add all your favorites in the space, pillows, blankets, crystals, pictures, prayer beads, candles anything that is sentimental to you and can help you in your healing meditation process
- Music. Anything that brings you a sense of calmness and inner peace.This can be sounds of nature or meditation music
- Be consistent with your times of meditation, this creates the energy to develop within time and you’ll notice the more consistent you are the more powerful your meditations become.
- Pen and book.. write down everything you have received from your meditation. Even if it doesn’t make sense, write it down.
Not everything is going to make sense, in a future blog post, I will teach you how to Macgyver your misunderstood messages to something that will bring you many aha moments.
- Be patient with yourself.
- Begin meditating 10 minutes a day, and gradually increase the time by 10minutes on a weekly basis. It’s important that you don’t leave your space before your time ends.
Be honest with yourself and your new meditation practice you are willing to develop.
- Bring awareness to how your body feels. Assess your mind, mood and body. On a scale from one to ten. One being the least and ten being the best, ask yourself how does my body feel? How is my mood today? Amazing, or I don’t want to get out of bed. What’s the self chatter saying to you on a regular basis? Is it negative talk or positive uplifting chatter?
Assess and grow away from what’s not serving you towards rebirthing a new you.
- Detach from expectations and what you think meditation should be. Each meditation is different from the last. Some may come and go with ease and others will feel like you’ve been sitting forever. Focus on the breath and time will take care of itself.
- This is the most important thing to meditating.
Don’t pay attention to your loud mind, thoughts will always come to the surface, this is normal in meditation, especially when you are first starting out. As a novice meditator, mind chatter will creep up on me like a bad dream. The less I pay attention to it and detach from it, focusing on the breath, the faster the mind chatter disappears.
Be PATIENT with yourself and your mind.
- Have fun, because this healing stuff can get real hard at times… I’m speaking from practice. Hence why it’s the 11th thing i said, not only do I love the number eleven it’s also a sign that the universe has your back.
You got this, enjoy, learn, celebrate and read the next blog post for the love of God.